Top 5 dont's of link building campaign in 2014
1) Avoid link buying campaigns, as in stay away from purchasing links to your site.
2) Totally discard link farming. Link farm websites are those who provides multiple links to your website irrespective of your content and category relevancy. So avoid link spamming.
3) Reciprocal link exchange is not going to help getting your page indexed in search engines.
4) Avoid broken links on your page as well as link you want to get displayed in directories, social bookmarking etc..(Home or inner page links). Make sure links are live.
5) Do not over link your page on a blog post or article. Google will just read your first link and avoid rest of the hyperlinks.